Progress on The Meetings Show 2015 has been warmly received by its Advisory Board, which met last week to review the Show’s strategy, content and growth. In particular the Board confirmed that the show team were responding directly to the needs of the industry and focusing on an increase in domestic hosted and trade buyers, whilst ensuring the event delivers the UK’s broadest range of meetings focused exhibitors.
During the meeting Paul Kennedy MBE, chairman of The Meetings Show’s Advisory Board welcomed new Board members Rachel McGuickin from Visit Belfast, Neil Brownlee from Visit Scotland and Patrick Delaney from Soolnua. They join industry leaders such as Hyundai’s Kate Conway, Ashfield’s Louise Goalen, Juliet Price, executive director of the HBAA, and Douglas O’Neil from Inntel, who provide vital insight, intelligence and a strategic view on all show developments.
The Advisory Board also reviewed and approved the framework for The Meetings Show’s education programme and The Association Meetings Conference, full details of which will be published in March 2015. Reports and plans for both marketing and PR were also presented and green-lighted, ensuring maximum penetration of the show’s message across both horizontal and vertical markets.
“Our last Advisory Board meeting highlighted a need for us to focus on the delivery of additional UK based hosted and trade buyers whilst potentially enhancing the buyer led appointment system, which will in turn improve the business experience for both buyers and exhibitors,” said The Meetings Show’s Event Director, Steve Knight. “The changes will allow for greater interaction between exhibitors and buyers in advance of the show without affecting the integrity of the programme.”
“The addition of Rachel and Neil to the Board offers the perfect domestic balance to the appointment of Steen Møller from Denmark and Carlotta Ferrari from Italy in September, whilst Patrick Delaney’s many years of truly eminent service to the industry provide an unique perspective and significant depth of knowledge.”
The full board is comprised of:
- Paul Kennedy MBE, Director and Owner, Kennedy Integrated Solutions
- Sally Greenhill, Managing Director, The Right Solution
- Linda Pereira, Executive Director, CPL Events (Portugal)
- Christian Mutschlechner, Director, Vienna Convention Bureau
- Ian Taylor, Commercial Director, Marketing Birmingham
- Tracy Halliwell, Director of Business Tourism & Major Events, London and Partners
- Kerrin MacPhie, Director of Sales, ACC Liverpool
- Juliet Price, Executive Director, HBAA
- Caroline MacKenzie, Director, Association Services, Zibrant
- Kate Conway, Events Manager, Hyundai Motor UK
- Louise Goalen, Head of Travel & Venue Finding, Ashfield Meeting & Events
- Douglas O’Neil, Managing Director, Inntel Ltd
- Carlotta Ferrari, Director of Firenze Convention Bureau and President, Italia Convention Bureau
- Steen Møller, Head of Business Events, VisitDenmark
- Rachel McGuickin Director of Business Tourism, Visit Belfast
- Neil Brownlee Head of Business Tourism, Visit Scotland
- Patrick Delaney, Managing Partner, Soolnua
Organised by Centaur Exhibitions, The Meetings Show is the premiere event for the UK inbound and outbound meetings industry, taking place 7-9 July 2015 at Olympia, London. Organised by meeting professionals for meeting professionals it is focused around a large exhibition, networking opportunities and professional education.