On Thursday 27 April, venues and event organisers alike came together at Mythe Barn for the mia’s Agents Day. The sell- out event was well attended by over 100 event professionals from across the country as well as 15 agents representing Capita Travel and Events, Pandora Events, tobook Ltd, arrangeMY, Sundial SOS, Off Limits Corporate Events, Inntel, HRG and Primary Live.
The morning begun with an opening welcome from mia’s sales director, Mia Butler who encouraged delegates to share a professional brand image, build strong relationships, engage with insights and be relevant to your audience and ultimately to do business with the right people.
Following the welcome, owner & director of Mythe Barn, Joe Garland took to the stage to share a brief history of the stunning Leicestershire venue.
Hosted by Managing Director of Custard Communications, Petra Clayton, the interactive Q&A panel session begun and guests were given the opportunity to put their burning questions to the panel of agents.
Over lunch delegates were again given the opportunity to build relationships with the agents who circulated between each table during the courses before moving onto the afternoon’s ‘Soapbox Challenge’ activity provided from Garlands Corporate, gathering materials to build their cars before taking part in a time-trial race.
The fun and informative day ended with a celebratory drinks reception and closing speech from Mia Butler, providing attendees with a roundup of what was learnt:
- Virtual tours have a role to play now more than ever and not just to potential customers but to our HBA partners
- Partnerships are the way forward; work with your tourist boards or destinations and create alliances and FAM trips that offer both ROI and ROE
- It is ok to deadline an agent when you have pressure!
- Rewards and special offers will not overtake the client needs
- There is most certainly a role for the SME and independents – find your place in the market
- Talk to the agents about what is the right business for you, be specific so they can really understand your business
- Best rate first time! It’s a classic but still relevant and should always be applied when positioning for new business.
Feedback from venue attendees included: “All of the agents in the Spotlight were honest and insightful which was very helpful. This was very valuable and it was great to hear different views from across the event spectrum. It was great to put faces to names and talk to people in the industry. All in all, it was a great day and I have come away with some useful points to go forward with.”